Our Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5 Serum is ultra hydrating, leaving your skin feeling and looking plump. The Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin B5 retains moisture in the skin to boost skin hydration and creating a soothing effect, and the Vitamin B3 helps to improve skin texture and reduce excess oils.
Hyaluronic acid is glorified for its ability to enhance moisture retention and skin hydration. For this reason, products with Hyaluronic Acid may serve as effective skin-soothing therapeutics for skin dryness. 1 Topical application of Hyaluronic Acid has been shown to help decrease water loss from the skin’s surface which improves various skin factors, such as barrier function and texture. 2
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
Using niacinamide topically has been shown to improve skin barrier function, minimise skin sensitivities, increase ceramide synthesis and to significantly impact the skins ability to normalise dyspigmentation due to sun damage.3-4 Niacinamide is capable of improving skin texture by enhancing the function of the skin barrier as well as promoting the repair mechanisms to the outer layer of the skin without making the skin dry.5
D-Panthenol (Vitamin B5)
Vitamin B5 is a water soluble vitamin that has been shown to possess good skin permeability and maintaining good skin quality.6 With Vitamin B5’s ability to reinforce and rejuvenate the skin barrier, it helps to retain moisture levels , which also lends a hand in creating a soothing effect. This soothing effect can also help to reduce skin damage which may be contributing to skin irritation. All these benefits can contribute towards enhancing and maintaining the skin’s overall appearance.7
Aloe Vera Extract Powder
Aloe Vera extract possesses a wide variety of essential vitamins, such as vitamin A, B, C, and E, that work together to provide antioxidant protection, moisturizing, and skin-soothing properties. 8 Aloe Vera can work as a natural remedy for acne and acne scarring. The antimicrobial properties of Aloe Vera help to prevent acne and reduce the redness and inflammation that acne causes.
Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, D-Panthenol, Carbomer 940, Ethoxy Diglycol, Aloe Vera Extract Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Hyaluronic Acid
Our Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5 Serum can be used for morning or night time use. Best used after cleansing the face while your skin is still damp. For best results, use our serum in conjunction with a moisturiser.
1. Pavicic, T. et al. Efficacy of cream-based novel formulations of hyaluronic acid of different molecular weights in anti-wrinkle treatment. Journal of drugs in dermatology: JDD 10.9, 990-1000 (2011)
2. Sundaram, H. et al. Pilot Comparative Study of the Topical Action of a Novel, Crosslinked Resilient Hyaluronic Acid on Skin Hydration and Barrier Function in a Dynamic, Three-Dimensional Human Explant Model. Journal of drugs in dermatology: JDD 15.4, 434-441 (2016)
3. Levin, Jacquelyn, and Saira B. Momin. “How Much Do We Really Know About Our Favorite Cosmeceutical Ingredients?” Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology (2010): n. pag. PubMed. Web. 11 Jan. 2016
4. Berardesca, E., M. Ardigo, N. Cameli, M. Mariano, M. Agozzino, and P.j. Matts. “Randomized, Double-blinded, Vehicle-controlled, Split-face Study to Evaluate the Effects of Topical Application of a Gold Silk Sericin/Niacinamide/Signaline Complex on Biophysical Parameters Related to Skin Ageing.” International Journal of Cosmetic Science Int J Cosmet Sci 37.6 (2015): 606-12. PubMed. Web. 12 Feb. 2016
5. Fu, J.j.j., G.g. Hillebrand, P. Raleigh, J. Li, M.j. Marmor, V. Bertucci, P.e. Grimes, S.h. Mandy, M.i. Perez, S.h. Weinkle, and J.r. Kaczvinsky. “A Randomized, Controlled Comparative Study of the Wrinkle Reduction Benefits of a Cosmetic Niacinamide/peptide/retinyl Propionate Product Regimen vs. a Prescription 0·02% Tretinoin Product
6. Ebner, F. et al. Topical use of dexpanthenol in skin disorders. American journal of clinical dermatology 3.6, 427-433 (2002)
7. Proksch, E. and Nissen, H. P. Dexapanthenol enhances skin barrier repair and reduces inflammation after sodium lauryl sulphate-induced irritation. Journal of dermatological treatment 13.4, 173-178 (2002)
8. Khanam, N. and Sharma, G.K. A Critical Review On Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Properties of Aloe Vera. L. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 4.9, 3304 (2013)